A vetti post
These days with movie promotions playing an important part of the entire movie making process I have noticed some stuff over a period of years. I am just trying to jot them down here.
- Actresses usually start by saying “I will not do glamorous roles or expose!” This would be the opinion after the first movie which would be a hit. But after that hit follows a couple of damp squibs. Now the actress will say “If the script demands me to smooch or kiss, I have no qualms doing it. If the story demands a bikini scene, I am game for it.”
- When the actor, director or producer all promote a movie as a novel attempt claiming, “The story for XYZ is different from the norm. It is a different kind of love story where the guy and the girl sing duets in Bahamas instead of the usual scenic beauty of Switzerland.” One can rest assured that the movie is going to follow the time tested formula of guy meets girl, guy and girl falls in love and then the parents are against the two of them getting married.
- The entire cast of the movie goes gaga over the graphics, visuals and the action scenes of the movie. There would be news tidbits releasing every now and then about the actors being involved in accidents while shooting the action scenes. The director would promise that the action scenes are of the kind which have not been hitherto explored in the Indian film industry. Once you watch the movie you would realize that even the 1970s movie Raam aur Shyam had very similar stunts.
- Next the media would come up with interesting gossip about the lead pair in the movie and that the lead pair are going out, the chemistry biology and physics of the lead pair on screen is stunning and fiery. One goes to the theater to watch what the hype was about only to see a song involving infinite smooches by a rain drenched hero and heroine.
- These days the industry seems to keep a count of the percentage of the story from the book being in the movie. One guy would harp that only 5 % of the book is the movie the other would say the entire book has been made in to the movie. Arre yaar, 5 or 100, a lift is a lift.
Have you guys noticed any more of such oddities which I might have missed on? 😛